Thursday, February 15, 2007


Thursday, Feb 15

A glorious summer today – 23 degrees C (73.4 F) (I love the internet !)

Don went on his ride on the 1995 America’s Cup Boat NZL40. He loved it.

We had a nice lunch at a cute little place on the Harbour. The sea food here is unbelievable. And tonight we are going to have Thai.

While Don sailed, I shopped for a few items because I didn’t pack as well as I could have. Am also having some laptop issues and may have to buy a laptop (definitely NOT in the budget !!)

Don bought Irish whiskey for $20. ($40. at home) but paid $20. for vermouth that would have cost $ 5 at home –oh well, he has his evening manhattan makins and he’s happy. Had to beg ice from the bartender though – no ice machine in the hotel for guests – Don told him I had a sprained ankle – ha ha !!

We headed back to the hotel to drop off a few things and change clothes. The plan was to climb the Sky Tower. But we hit the room and Don immediately went to sleep. So we chilled for a while and now are headed out to dinner – We’ll see the Tower first thing tomorrow.

Lamb is on all the menus here and Don loves lamb – roast lamb, butterflied lamb, lamb chops, etc. The only thing on the menus here is lamb rump. He doesn’t like the sound of it so hasn’t ordered it yet. Hee Hee all sound horrible to me. I didn’t eat lamb even when I ate meat. I never cook it (I absolutely cannot stand the smell of it) so he always orders it out when he can.

Tonight we ate at a fabulous Thai restaurant - Wangthai The food in Auckland has been consistently excellent. This restaurant is the only one where the service was good too.

Tomorrow we are doing city sights and then go to the ship at around 4:00. The Queen Mary 2 is arriving here on Saturday . We will miss her – too bad. Largest ship ever to dock in Auckland harbour.

Heard today from Karen that it is 19 degrees and snowing - again - in the Springs.
This is better...... : )

No comments: